Frequently Asked Questions
If you are experiencing issues with the Fn key on your keyboard, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:
- Test with “Test Matrix” ON or Hotkeys: Most key testers cannot detect the Fn key, but you can test it by enabling the “Test Matrix” feature in VIA if your keyboard supports VIA. This feature allows you to check the functionality of each key individually. Alternatively, you can try using the Fn+L combination to open/close the RGB settings and test if the Fn key is responsive.
- Restore factory settings: In the keyboard driver or by following the instructions in the manual, try restoring the keyboard to its factory settings. This can often resolve software-related issues. For QMK version keyboards, you can perform a reset by holding down the Esc key while plugging in the keyboard. Afterward, reconnect the keyboard to complete the reset process.
- Check for additional troubleshooting: If the Fn key still does not work after the reset, you can refer to the following article for further guidance: Link to the article on fixing keyboard issues.
If you are experiencing issues with certain keys not functioning on your keyboard, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:
- Restore factory settings: In the keyboard driver or by following the instructions in the manual, try restoring the keyboard to its factory settings. This can often resolve software-related issues. For QMK version keyboards, hold down Esc while plugging in the keyboard to perform a reset. Afterward, reconnect the keyboard to complete the reset process.
- Switch replacement: If the issue persists, consider replacing the switch associated with the malfunctioning key. You can use a good switch from the keyboard to replace the defective one. Please refer to the manual or follow the provided instructions for guidance on how to swap the switch. Swap the switch. If needed, you can use tweezers or a switch puller for the replacement. After replacing the switch, test the key to see if it works properly. If the key functions correctly with the new switch, it suggests that the issue was likely caused by the original switch.
- Socket problem: If swapping switches does not resolve the problem, there may be an issue with the socket on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board). To further diagnose this, perform the following test:
- Use tweezers or a small piece of wire with good conduction.Follow the instructions in the provided link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w0-ANVMocShl13cze_3p2sBnQ7VhRRZB/view?usp=sharing) to perform the test.Use VIA or other keyboard testing software to check if the key registers properly.
- Fixing loose socket contacts: If there is a loose socket contact causing the issue, follow the steps below:
- Check the provided links for visual references on identifying and fixing the problem:
- Carefully disassemble the keyboard to access the PCB.
- Take caution when handling the PCB cable and JST connector, as they are fragile components.
- Follow the provided instructions and images to tighten the contacts in the socket to ensure proper circuit connection.
By following these steps and emphasizing important instructions, you can effectively troubleshoot and address the issue of non-functioning keys on your keyboard.
To identify whether your keyboard is the QMK version, we recommend following these steps:
- Locate the EAN number: Look for the EAN number on the outer box of your keyboard. It typically consists of a series of digits as below (697535138XXXX). The EAN number helps us verify the specific version of your keyboard.
- Contact our support team: Once you have found the EAN number, please reach out to our support team. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the EAN number for reference. Our dedicated team will assist you in confirming whether your keyboard is the QMK version or not.
Please note that providing the EANU number helps us accurately identify the version of your keyboard and offer appropriate guidance. If you have any further questions or require assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.
The “No DFU capable USB device available” error commonly occurs when attempting to flash firmware using the QMK version. This error suggests that the .exe file required for the driver installation might not have been installed properly. To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
- Re-install the latest version of QMK: Visit the official QMK Toolbox GitHub repository at https://github.com/qmk/qmk_toolbox/releases and download the latest version of QMK Toolbox.
- Run the installation: Once the download is complete, run the QMK Toolbox installation file (.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions. During the installation process, make sure to press “Yes” when prompted to install the driver.
- Allow complete driver installation: It is crucial to be patient and wait until the driver installation is fully completed. Interrupting or closing the installation prematurely can lead to the “No DFU capable USB device available” error.
- Retry firmware flashing: After the driver installation is finished, attempt to flash the firmware again using QMK Toolbox. You should now be able to proceed without encountering the error.
If you continue to experience issues or have further questions, please don’t hesitate to seek additional assistance from the QMK community or consult email@example.com. They can provide more specific guidance based on your keyboard model and configuration.
The original firmware: M1 QMK, M2 QMK, M3 QMK
To enter Bootloader mode and flash the firmware on your QMK version keyboard, please follow these steps:
- Download QMK Toolbox:You could download the QMK toolbox here:QMK toolbox.Or you could visit the QMK Toolbox download page at QMK Toolbox and download the software. If prompted, proceed with the installation process and wait for it to complete.
- Open QMK Toolbox: Launch the QMK Toolbox software on your computer. If it’s your first time using it, you may be prompted to install necessary drivers. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the installation is finished.
- Locate the firmware: Click the “Open” button in QMK Toolbox to browse and select the appropriate .bin firmware file for your keyboard model. Ensure you have downloaded the correct firmware version for your keyboard.
- Enter Bootloader mode: Disconnect the USB cable from your keyboard. While holding down the “ESC” key, reconnect the USB cable. You should notice the “Flash/Exit DFU” button in QMK Toolbox turn black, indicating that you are now in Bootloader mode.
- Flash the firmware: With your keyboard in Bootloader mode, click the “Flash” button in QMK Toolbox to begin the firmware flashing process. Wait until you see the “OK” message indicating that the firmware update is complete.
- Exit Bootloader mode: After the firmware has been successfully flashed, click the “Exit DFU” button in QMK Toolbox. You can then close the QMK Toolbox software.
- Reconnect the USB cable: Reconnect the USB cable to your keyboard. Your keyboard should now be ready for use with the updated firmware.
Please note that these instructions are specific to QMK version keyboards and assume you have already downloaded the necessary firmware. If you have any further questions or encounter any difficulties, feel free to seek additional support from the QMK community or consult firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to connect your keyboard to VIA, please follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Install the latest VIA version: Visit the VIA releases page at VIA releases and download the latest VIA software. Install it on your computer, ensuring you have the most up-to-date version.
- Reconnect the keyboard power cable: Disconnect and reconnect the power cable of your keyboard. This step helps to ensure a fresh connection between the keyboard and your computer.
- Load the JSON file: On the Design page of VIA, you might need to load a JSON file to configure your keyboard properly. You can download the JSON file from https://www.monsgeek.com/download/. Once downloaded, locate the load button on the Design tab and click it to load the JSON file.Note: If you can’t find the load button, make sure you have opened the Design tab in the VIA software.
- Reconnect the keyboard power cable (again): Disconnect and reconnect the power cable of your keyboard once more. This step ensures that the keyboard is properly recognized by the VIA software.
- Customize the keymap: Click on the “CONFIGURE” section in VIA to access keymap customization. Use this section to modify and configure the keymap according to your preferences.
If you continue to experience difficulties connecting your keyboard to VIA or encounter any other issues, it is advisable to seek further assistance from the VIA community or consult the manufacturer of your keyboard. They can provide specific guidance tailored to your keyboard model.
If you’re experiencing difficulty with your M2 (QMK version) keyboard not being recognized immediately upon booting up your PC, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
- Update the firmware: It’s recommended to update the firmware of your M2 keyboard. You can download the firmware update from this Google Drive link: Firmware Update. Please note that this firmware update is only applicable for the M2 QMK version. If your keyboard is functioning properly, you may not need to perform this update.
- Firmware flashing instructions: Follow the provided instructions in the firmware update package to flash the updated firmware onto your M2 keyboard. This process helps to ensure the keyboard’s firmware is up-to-date and may help resolve the recognition issue.
- Check USB connection and port: Verify that the USB cable is securely connected to both the M2 keyboard and the computer. Additionally, try connecting the keyboard to a different USB port on your PC to see if the issue persists. Faulty USB cables or ports can sometimes cause recognition problems.
- Update USB drivers: Ensure that you have the latest USB drivers installed on your computer. Visit the manufacturer’s website for your PC or motherboard and look for any available USB driver updates. Installing the latest drivers can often resolve compatibility issues.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, it may be helpful to reach out to our support team for further assistance. They can provide additional guidance based on the specific model and configuration of your M2 keyboard.
Please keep in mind that firmware updates should be performed with caution and only when necessary. If your keyboard is working properly and recognized consistently, there may not be a need to flash the firmware.
It is most likely caused by an accidental lock of the Win key.
You could press Fn+Win to unlock the Win key.
If you confirm your keyboard is the QMK/VIA version, could you please try the latest VIA:https://github.com/the-via/releases/releases?
If it cannot detect the keyboard, please try to update the firmware:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V6rsg6Txifcg-AmHlMpuzbu5wwzkwCBh?usp=sharing(Only for M1 QMK version)
It’s just a reminder that if your keyboard could work well, you don’t need to flash this firmware.
Please load the corresponding V3 json file as below. You could download it here:https://monsgeek.com/files/M1%20QMK%20V3.json.
Make sure “use V2 definitions” is OFF when you load the V3 json file.
If you cannot find the load button, make sure you have opened the Design tab as below:
Please note that the theoretical polling rate of our keyboards/kits is 1000HZ in wired mode.
But it is influenced by the use environment of the keyboard, such as the speed you press the switch, the data transmission efficiency, and the decoding time of the device.
1)You can use the hotkeys (press and hold Fn + ~ for 3s) in the manual.
2)You can hold down Esc while plugging in the keyboard. After that, replugging the keyboard to complete the reset.
3)You can try to flash the original firmware: M1 V1.0. Bin file for the M2:M2 bin file.
You get a 3-day price guarantee for all keyboard purchases and qualified keycap sets over $50.
The price-matching policy for monsgeek.com is not applicable for other types of computer peripherals. For other accessories, the price may fluctuate in response to exchange rate and logistic rates.
The price-match guarantee, however, does NOT extend to price changes subject to holiday special events/deals. Requests of price-match on holiday deals will be declined.
Regarding price-matching policy for Monsgeek keyboards on other platform, please consult the distributor for more details.
To request price match, please message email@example.com with your order ID.
Akko × MonsGeek switches (including the Jelly lines) are compatible with Outemu mechanical sockets.
They are NOT compatible with Outemu optical sockets.
The short-answer is YES. And the VAT is collected at the time of checkout as required by EU Commission to comply with VAT e-commerce obligations.
MonsGeek provides the IOSS to the carrier to expedite the customs clearance process and report the VAT to the European Commission every month. By doing so, we are providing the information required for customs clearance upfront so there should be no delay for customs clearance.
PS: In rare cases, if you go with FedEx/TNT, the logistic carrier may neglect the IOSS and recharge you the VAT. In this case, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a refund for the VAT, or pay the VAT on your behalf.
Custom import taxes are not included in the payment and are generally not collected in most logistic routes we provide unless you go with the express shipment (like FedEx/TNT).
Below are the definitions of order status:
[Processing] Item not yet picked up by carrier (it takes around 3 days for processing). Or maybe the package has been handed over to the carrier, but the carrier has not yet generated a label (could have 1-2 days delay).
For pre-order items, it will remain as “processing” until the items are in stock and ready to be shipped.
[Shipped] MonsGeek has handed over the package to the carrier.
Once the shipping status changes to “shipped” and a tracking number has been entered, which means the package is handed over to the carrier.
There are typically two main reasons if the tracking information doesn’t update:
1.Initial Scan only available at final destination
Sometimes the package is carried by multiple carriers. So you will be having different tracking ID throughout the entire logistic network.
However, MonsGeek only enters the tracking ID for the LAST carrier.
For carriers like USPS, it will only be trackable once it reaches the destination sort facility.
The same situation includes, but not limited to Australia Post, DPD, DHL Paket (for EU countries), Canada Post and USPS.
Users will need to wait at least 7-10 days before the package is scanned locally with final destination carrier. And the package should then be delivered in a few days.
For example, if the package was handed over to carrier on August 1st through Australia Post, and it will take 10 days to reach Australia.
From August 1st – 10th, users will see “the electronic shipping info has been collected”.
And once the item reaches Australia, the initial scan of pick-up will then be displayed.
2. Limited Air Shipping Capacity
This happens frequently with DHL, where it could take up to a week for a specific package to successfully catch up the flight due to limited logistic capacity.
However, if the initial tracking of your package doesn’t take place for over 2 weeks after the tracking ID has been entered, please consult email@example.com to ensure there isn’t any issue.
List of Regions/Countries We Ship To (2023/2/18)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if yours is not listed. We will try our best to find reliable logistic partners to deliver to your country/region.
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (UK)
United States (US)
Note: the date below represents BUSINESS DAYS.
It depended on the delivery region, the content of order as well as the delivery method.
For standard shipping, please check the general delivery speed below.
For paid priority shipping, we will ship with FedEx Intl’ Priority or TNT Express that shall take approximately 3~5 days to deliver.
For specific region, please consult email@example.com.
10~14 days (USPS)
3~5 days (FedEx with Priority Shipping)
10~12 days (Australia Post)
5~9 days (Royal Mail/Yodel)
7~10 days（La Poste）
6~8 days (Airpak Express)
7~9 days (DHL Paket)
3~7 days (FedEx)
You can change your shipping address by yourself as long as your order has not been placed.
Follow these steps to change the details of your order 1. Go to my orders. 2. Click on the edit details icon for the order which you’d like to update. 3. Update the required fields and click save changes. 4. Click done after you’ve finished.
If you have already placed your order, you should contact us to change your shipping address within 2 hours. Otherwise, there isn’t guaranteed that your change will take effect and if we were able to make necessary changes, extra fee might be imposed by the carrier that buyer needs to be responsible for.
The VAT is included but the import duty (customs tax) isn’t included, and customer is responsible for paying the import duty if being billed by the local customs.
For EU customers, please check this article.
For US customers, you should not worry about it as US only charges import tax for items over $800, way beyond the value of mechanical keyboards and parts.
For most other regions, if you go with the standard shipping option, the chance of being charged with import duty at customs is extremely low.
The following countries may have high chances of getting taxes and the associated shipping option:
Vietnam (please purchase through Akko VN);
Austria (with FedEx);
Indonesia (with FedEx);
Canada (with UPS);
Colombia (with UPS).
M1 has a non-QMK Chinese version sold on Taobao, JD and other platforms in China.
M1 global version (QMK supported) is sold on the following channels:
Official Website (Store): https://www.monsgeek.com/
Global Partners (Buy from Local): https://www.monsgeek.com/partner/
Akko German Store: https://akkogear.de/products/monsgeek-m1
Shopee PH Store: https://shopee.ph/monsgeek.ph
Shopee MY Store: https://shopee.com.my/monsgeek.my
Shopee SG Store: https://shopee.sg/monsgeek.sg
The currency of www.monsgeek.com is in USD.
M1 comes with polycarbonate plate.
You can purchase the following plate separately:
All offered at $9.99.
You can also use plate file to print your desired plate.